Rovaniemi66, 22.-24 February 2019
Registration next 2019 race will be open next August 15th 2018
(will finish next December 15th 2018)
Mandatory Pre-Race meeting on February 22nd, 2019 at 10:00 h.
Race starts on Saturday, February 23rd, 2019 at 09:00 h.
Race finishes on Sunday, February 24th, 2019 at 03:00 h.
Registration opens 15.08.2018 and closes on 15.12.2018
For bikers, skiers and runners it is 115 euro.
For disabled athletes it is free. Limited to 2 races.
REFUSAL OF ENTRY
The race director reserves the right to refuse entry to any racer.
- Racers must be a minimum of 18 years old.
- Race is limited to 100 participants.
- Racers can choose to participate by fatbike, ski or running.
(electric fatbikes are forbidden)
About disabled athletes:
We believe that any disabled athlete who thinks that he/she can participate in this race he/she can do it. Depending the degree of disability, the organization is open to discuss the conditions and adapt, if necessary, the race rules.
For example: a guide for the blind participants or support at checkpoints for those who can not cook by themselves or whatever.
In case a participant cancels the registration, the refund will be under the following terms:
- Before 15.12.2018, 75% of the total registration fee will be refund.
- Between 16.12.2018 and 13.01.2019, 50% of the total registration fee will be refund.
- Between 14.01.2019 and 11.02.2019, 25% of the total registration fee will be refund.
- After 11.02.2019, there will be no refund.
Entries are non-transferable to any other racer.
- In case that organization cancel the race before it begins, 100% of the registration fee will be refund to all participants.
- In case the organization cancel the race after it starts, there will be no refund.
The race may canceled after the start in case of severe conditions that make it extremely hazardous and/or impossible. Also any other unexpected nature circumstances may force the race director to cancel the race.
- 1st male and 1st female of each category will receive a free entry fee for the next time he/she competes*.
- Trophy for the first, second and third of each category.
- All finishers will have a souvenir medal.
* Only for once and is valid for two years.
Maximum time allowed to complete the race is 18 hours* (by 03:00 h. February 24th, 2019). Any participant who is unable to complete the race in this time will be disqualified.
* Have a look at the checkpoints cut off time down under.
MANDATORY PRE-RACE MEETING
Pre Race meeting is mandatory for all participants. Failure to attend means the participant will have to wait untill all briefings had finished an also will have a discount penalty of 4,5 h.
During the Pre-race meeting the organization will supply the map and will do the check-in mandatory gear*.
* You must show the mandatory gear to the Race Director.
RACE DAY CHECK-IN
Race Check-in is mandatory for all racers. Sign-in between 07:45 to 8:30 at the Control Room. If a participant is late and does not check-in before 8:30, the participant must wait fifteen (15) minutes after the race has started to check-in and also will have a 1 h. discount penalty.
1- Headlamp with enough batteries (we recommend: Energizer Ultimate Lithium).
2- Rear red flashing lamp with enough batteries.
Racers must carry all mandatory gear throughout the entire race from beginning to end and finish it with it. Participants must bring all mandatory gear for check-in to the Pre-Race Meeting.
Any racer who does not have the appropriate mandatory gear is not allowed to participate.
Any racer who does not finish with the mandatory gear will be disqualified.
REFLECTIVE GEAR and LIGHTS
Reflective gear is mandatory for all racers.
The rear red flashing light and front light must be ON during dark periods. Any racer who doesn't have the red flashing light and front light ON during dark periods will result in disqualification.
Any racer who doesn't have the red flashing light and the front light ON during dark periods will result in a discount penalty of 2 hours if she/he have extra batteries. But if she/he have no batteries, the participant will be disqualified and take it to the closer point for evacuation.
- The race number is mandatory for all racers.
- The race number must be visible during the whole race. If is not like this, participant will be disqualified.
- On bikes it must be attached at the front.
- On pulkas it must be attached on the left side.
- On backpacks it must be attached on the back (Only on backpack if you don't have a pulka)
- If participant loses the race number will be disqualified.
- There is no possible to change the number.
FOLLOW THE TRACK
Racers must follow the marked route and they are not allowed to do short cuts. Some times during the race the track will cross a B-class double lane road. You may not ride, run or ski on any roads or track not marked by the organisation. Due to the characteristics of the terrain, the organisation can change the track without notice.
LITTER and USED or WET GEAR and OTHER STUFF
Do not litter the trail. Racers will be disqualified for littering. Leave no trace. You have to carry everything you start with until the end. You are not allowed to leave any wet or broken clothes or any gear at any checkpoint or on the track.
Do not defecate on the race trail. Go as far as possible off the trail.
Respect Private Property. You are not allowed to pass through or use any Private Property.
NO OUTSIDE HELP
This is a human powered race, racers must be self sufficient. Any outside help by a support crew, outside assistance to advance up or down the trail such as snowmobiles or cars or motorbikes etc, is not allowed. Racers will be disqualified if, at any time during the race, they have any outside help.
EACH PARTICIPANT CARRY HER/HIS OWN GEAR
Each participant must carry her/his own personal and mandatory gear. Is not acceptable that another participant (friend or relative) help to carry whatever is from another participant. In case this happened all involved participants will be disqualified.
Checkpoints are small so any non-racers or people who are following the racers, are not permitted. Checkpoints have a shelter but not big at all, so be prepared in case you don't find a place to rest inside the shelter.
- All racers must adhere to the checkpoints and race cut-off time.
- Any racer who misses or skips to physically sign-in and sign-out in any checkpoint will be disqualified.
- Only Porohovi checkpoint have water.
COOKING IN CHECKPOINTS
You will only find water in Porohovi (the first and last checkpoint) If you need to cook or melt snow with your stove at checkpoints you have to do it outside the shelter. You also can cook using the firewood outside the shelter.
All racers must physically sign-in and sign-out at the following checkpoints:
1. checkpoint: Porohovi-1 ..... open until Saturday at 11:30
2. checkpoint: Sinettäjärvi ..... open until Saturday at 14:30
3. checkpoint: Mellavaara ...... open until Saturday at 18:00
4. checkpoint: Sinettänlaavu ... open until Saturday at 21:00
5. checkpoint: Porohovi-2 ...... open until Saturday at 24:00
6. checkpoint: Rovaniemi ...... open until Sunday at 03:00
RESCUE, EVACUATIONS, SCRATCHING and DISQUALIFIED.
Rescue and evacuations are at racer's expense.
A disqualified or scratched racer may require an evacuation or snowmobile back trip to the road system, but if a racer is able and willing to return to the start under his or her own power, or with the assistance of an external source, he or she may do so.
All racers must inform to any race official if they intend to scratch and return to the race start point.
In case a participant ask for evacuation, the organization will take her/him to the closer road (by snowmobile). If the participant want, the organization can call a taxi to pick him. In this case, the participant will have to pay in cash the expenses of transport.
For this reason is is very strongly recommended to carry the sum of 70 € cash minimum, in order to cover the unexpected.
Rescue will be only in case of accident. In case of rescue the organization will give to the participant the appropriate service depending the situation. For rescue we also have the help of Firefighters and Police. The expenses incurred in this service have to be pay by the rescued person and/or fix with their own insurance.
GPS, SPOT, PHONES
All units for navigation, tracking or emergency position are allowed. Usually there is phone coverage throughout. You can call your family or friends during the race. Anyway if they want to follow your progress they can have a look at our Facebook page.
Any participant with a dog on the race will be disqualified.
Do not damage any structures, Private Property. Be respectful.