Rovaniemi66, 16.-18 February 2018
Registration next 2018 race will be open next 1st August 2017
(will finish next 31st December 2017)
We understand that anybody without winter experience who pretends to participate in this kind of races, must have the common sense to get good information about all the needs to face a competition like that.
Racers must be self-sufficient and have the ability to take care of themselves. This race is a potentially dangerous one, participants have to really seriously consider if they are physically and mentally prepare for this kind of race.
YOU MUST START AND FINISH WITH IT.
1- Headlamp with enough batteries*.
2- Rear red flashing lamp with enough batteries.
* About Bateries. The most durable in cold temperatures we know are the Energizer Ultimate Lithium.
- Participants must carry all mandatory gear through out the entire race from beginning to end and finish it with it.
- Participants must bring all mandatory gear for check-in to the Meeting.
- Any racer who don't have the appropriate mandatory gear will not be allowed to participate.
IT'S UP TO YOU TO CARRY IT.
1- Down jacket.
2- Snow shoes (if you go on foot).
3- Waterproof overshoes (in case of overflow). Recommended brands: NEOS
* Organisation will tell you, during the briefing, the weather report and how the track conditions are.
In extreme cold temperatures, only the white gasoline stoves are ok.
Recommended brands and models: Primus, mod. Multifuel EX and MSR, mod. WhisperLite.
Fuel: In Rovaniemi you can find "4-tahti bensiini" in the petrol station. If you want we can buy it for you, just tell us.
5- Foot wear for temperatures 0ºC to -30ºC
6- Thermal underwear.
7- Thermal socks for temperatures 0ºC to -30ºC
8- Head gear.
9- Face mask.
10- Sun glasses.
11- Ski googles.
12- Polar fleece pants or similar.
13- Polar fleece jacket.
14- Full wind suit -Jacket and Pants (Goretex or similar).
15- Extreme cold mittens.
16- Cooking pot.
17- Insulated water containers.
18- Matches or Lighter.
21- Tools to repair your equipment.
Contact us if you have any questions related to this matter.