Rovaniemi300, 17.-23 February 2017
Registration next 2017 race will be open next 1st August 2016
(will finish next 31st December 2016)
Please read the following information carefully: Any racer who fails to comply with the rules will be disqualified.
Mandatory Pre-Race meeting on February 17, 2017 at 16:00 h.
Race starts on Saturday, February 18, 2017 at 09:00 h.
Race finishes on Thursday, February 23, 2017 at 09:00 h.
Registration opens 01.08.2016 and closes on 31.12.2016.
- For bikers, skiers and runners it is 450 euro.
- For disabled athletes it is free.
REFUSAL OF ENTRY
The race director reserves the right to refuse entry to any racer.
- Racers must be a minimum of 18 years old.
- Race is limited to 50 participants.
- Racers can chose to participate by fat-bike, ski or running.
- Participation for disabled athletes is limited to two (2) athletes.
About disabled athletes:
We believe that any disabled athlete who thinks that he/she can participate in this race he/she can do it. Depending the degree of disability, the organization is open to discuss the conditions and adapt, if necessary, the race rules.
For example: a guide for the blind participants or support at checkpoints for those who can not cook by themselves or prepare the bivouac.
Participants must have finished at least one of the following winter racers:
- Rovaniemi 150
- White Mountain100
- Sheep Mountain150
- Yukon Arctic Ultra
- Tuscobia 75, 150
- 6633 Ultra
- Iditasport 100, 225
- Homer Epic 100
- Lapland Extreme Challenge
- Iditarod Trail Invitational
In case a participant cancels the registration, the refund will be under the following terms:
- Before 31.12.2016, 75% of the total registration fee will be refund.
- Between 01.01 and 19.01.2017, 50% of the total registration fee will be refund.
- Between 20.01 and 06.02.2017, 25% of the total registration fee will be refund.
- After 06.02.2017, there will be no refund.
Entries are non-transferable to any other racer.
- In case that organization cancel the race before it begins, 100% of the registration fee will be refund to all participants.
- In case the organization cancel the race after it starts, there will be no refund.
The race may canceled after the start in case of severe conditions that make it extremely hazardous and/or impossible. Also any other unexpected nature circumstances may force the race director to cancel the race.
- 1st male and 1st female of each category will receive a free entry fee* for any race or challenge Polarguide and Logistics organize**.
- Nice trophy for the first of each category.
- Hand made typical Sami pocket knife for the second and third of each category.
- All finishers will have a souvenir medal.
* Only for once and is valid for two years.
** Rovaniemi150, 66, 300 or Lapland Extreme Challenge.
Maximum time allowed to complete Rovaniemi300 is 120 hours* (by 09:00 h. February 23, 2017).
NO OUTSIDE HELP
This is a human powered race, racers must be self sufficient. Any outside help as a support crew, outside assistance to advance up or down the trail such as snowmobiles or cars or motorbikes etc, is not allowed.
Is also forbidden, once you are in the river near to Rovaniemi, on the way to mandatory waypoints 009, 010, 011 and 012 to go to hotel or any accommodation, shop or bar for rest, change clothes, load/unload bike or sledge, buy food, take extra gear and/or anything which could be understood as outside help.
Racers will be disqualified if, at any time during the race, they have any outside help.
MANDATORY PRE-RACE MEETING
- Meeting is mandatory for all participants. Failure to present the participant will be disqualified.
- During the meeting the participants must show the mandatory gear to the race director.
- During the meeting all participants must do a mandatory test of their Satellite Tracking Device.
MANDATORY TEST SATELLITE TRACKING DEVICE
In case that the Satellite Tracking Device doesn't work during the test in the mandatory meeting, participants have until midnight to fix the problem.
RACE DAY CHECK-IN
Race Check-in is mandatory for all racers. Sign-in between 08:00 to 08:40 at the Control Center. If a participant is late and does not Check-in before 08:40, the participant must wait fifteen (15) minutes after the race has started to check-in.
1- Satellite Tracking Device (SPOT or similar).
2- Enough batteries for Satellite Tracking Device.
3- Mobile phone with enough battery.
4- Rear red flashing lamp with enough batteries.
5- Reflective patches.
- Participants must carry all mandatory gear through out the entire race from beginning to end and finish it with it.
- Participants must bring all mandatory gear for check-in to the Meeting.
- Any racer who don't have the appropriate mandatory gear will not be allowed to participate.
- The Race number is mandatory for all racers.
- On bikes it must be attached at the front.
- On pulkas it must be attached on the left side.
- On backpacks it must be attached on the back.
- If participant loses the race number will be disqualified.
- There is no possible to change the number.
PROTOCOL SATELLITE TRACKING DEVICE - WHAT YOU MUST DO
- The Satellite Tracking Device must have the casting mode activated. Sending position signals every 10/15 minutes.
- Once the participant arrive to the mandatory waypoint he/she must do the check-in with the satellite device.
- Send message when you do a long stop for rest, eat or sleep.
- Send message when you start after rest, eat or sleep.
- If Satellite Tracking Device doesn't work because no more batteries or any other reason, participants must send message by phone.
- If Satellite Tracking Device is completely broken or for any reason doesn't work participant will be disqualified.
- All racers must do the checking in the mandatory waypoints.
- Any participant who forget to do a check-in in any of the mandatory waypoints will be disqualified.
- Margin of error: 50 meters.
CHECKPOINTS (Rovaniemi150 section)
Checkpoints are small so any non-racers or people who are following the racers, are not permitted.
Checkpoints have a shelter but if you want to sleep or rest be prepared in case you don't find a place inside the shelter.
Rovaniemi300 participants doesn't have to adhere to the checkpoints cut-off time.
COOKING IN CHECKPOINTS (Rovaniemi150 section)
If you intend to cook at the checkpoints remember that, if you arrive before checkpoint close, you will only find water (not hot, not boiling). If you need to cook with your stove at checkpoints you have to do it outside the shelter. Anyway you can cook with the firewood done outside the shelter.
If you arrive once the checkpoint is close you can use the firewood (in case there are some left).
COOKING IN PUBLIC SHELTERS
Normally there is always wood, but be ready just in case there is not. Public shelters in Finland use to be very good maintained.
BIVY BETWEEN CHECKPOINTS OR SHELTERS
If you are planning to sleep between checkpoints or anywhere away of a public shelter you have to do it off the main trail, but in sight of the trail and with the red flashing light on, attach to some point (bike, ski pole, sled, etc) to alert your presence to snowmobiles.
RESCUE, EVACUATIONS, SCRATCHING and DISQUALIFIED
Rescue and evacuations are at participant's expenses.
A disqualified or scratched racer may require an evacuation or snowmobile back trip to the road system, but if a racer is able and willing to return to the start under his or her own power, or with the assistance of an external source, he or she may do so.
All racers must inform to any race official if they intend to scratch and return to the race start point.
In case a participant ask for evacuation, the organization will take her/him to the closer road (by snowmobile) or by snowmobile to Rovaniemi. If the participant is some road and if she/he want, the organization can call a taxi to pick she/him. In this case, the participant will have to pay in cash the expenses of transport. For this reason is very strongly recommended to carry the sum of 200 € cash minimum, in order to cover the unexpected.
Rescue will be only in case of accident. In case of rescue the organization will give to the participant the appropriate service depending the situation. For rescue we also have the help of Firefighters and Police. The expenses incurred in this service have to be pay by the rescued person and/or fix with their own insurance.
Rescue alarm will be activated:
- If the signal is in the same point and organization has not received any message from the participant by phone or Satellite Tracking Device.
- If there is no signal by Satellite Tracking Device or message by phone or Satellite Tracking Device.
- If you push the SOS button from your Satellite Tracking Device.
- If you send SOS message.
- If you call us asking for help.
A disqualified participant doesn't have to quit if he/she doesn't want but his/her name won't be in the "Finisher's list".
Organization will inform the disqualified participant by phone message.
Respect Private Property. Participants are not allowed to pass, sleep or use any Private Property (Finnish laws).
Any participant with a dog on the race will be disqualified.
LITTER and USED or WET GEAR and OTHER STUFF
Do not litter the trail. Leave no trace.
Do not defecate on race trail. Go as far as possible off the trail.
Do not damage any structures, Private Property. Be respectful.
FOLLOW US IN: