Rovaniemi300, 16.-22 February 2018
Registration next 2018 race will be open next 1st August 2017
(will finish next 31st December 2017)
308 kilometers ultramarathon. Maximum time to complete it: 5 days. Three categories: foot, fat-bike and ski.
There is no mandatory checkpoints, only mandatory waypoints.
Rovaniemi300 entry fee:
Bikers, skiers and runners is 450 €
Disabled athletes is free.
ROVANIEMI 300 HAVE TWO VERY DIFFERENT SECTIONS:
First section of the track is the same as Rovaniemi150, so this section is very well signed and there is not need of GPS but the Satellite Device Tracker (mandatory) to do the check-in in mandatory waypoints. All mandatory waypoints in this first section match with the Rovaniemi150 checkpoints. This checkpoints have a limit time, so if you arrive when checkpoint is closed maybe you wouldn't find the tent but you can use the wood if you want to do a fire.
Second section is quitte different (158 k), it follows an snowmobile track. There are signs, in some areas more than others. In some areas you will find very good snow conditions and in others maybe you find deep snow and also you will find other snowmobiles tracks crossing, so all it do is confuse the right way... Track conditions depends on how long ago snowed and when the last snowmobile went through there. In this section you need the use the GPS to know where is the mandatory waypoint where you have to do the check-in and of course the mandatory Satellite Device Tracker (check the mandatory gear in the Race Rules page).
Rovaniemi300 is limited to 50 participants.
Participants must have finished at least one similar winter race as show in the Race Rules.
DATES AND TIMES
- Registration opens August 1st 2017.
- Registration closes on December 31st 2017.
- Pre Race Meeting and Check-in mandatory gear: February 16th. 2018, at 16:00 h. Pohjanhovi hotel.
- Race sign-in: February 17th. 2018, begin at 08:00 h. at the Pohjanhovi hotel.
- Race starts February 17th. 2018, at 09:00 h.
- Race ends February 22nd. 2018, at 09:00 h.
WEATHER AND DAY LIGHT HOURS
- Temperatures: could reach or even over exceed -30ºC.
- Light hours: from 8:00 h. to 17:00 h. approximately.