Rovaniemi66, 12.-14 February 2021
Registration next 2021 race will be open next October 1st 2021
(will finish next January 10th 2021)
66 kilometers ultramarathon. Maximum time to complete it: 18 hours. Three categories: foot, fatbike and ski.
Rovaniemi66 intends to be, as well, the initiation to winter races. To participate on it is not necessary to have experience in other winter races but we recommend to people who participate to have experience in marathons or winter mountain traverses.
We understand that anybody who intends to participate in this kind of race without previous winter experience must have the common sense to get good information about all the needs to face a competition like this one.
At the checkpoints, except in Sinettäjärvi checkpoint, racers will find a camp fire and basic shelter. Only will find water in Porohovi checkpoint which is the first and last checkpoint.
Rovaniemi66 is limited to 100 participants.
DATES AND TIMES
- Registration opens October 1st 2020
- Registration closes on January 10th 2021
- Pre Race Meeting and Check-in mandatory gear: February 12th 2021 at 10:00 h.
- Race sign-in: February 13th 2021, between 07:45 h. until 08:30 h.
- Race starts February 13th 2021, at 09:00 h.
- Race ends February 14th 2021, at 03:00 h.
WEATHER AND DAY LIGHT HOURS
- Temperatures: could reach or even over exceed -30ºC.
- Light hours: from 8:00 h. to 17:00 h. approximately.