Rovaniemi300, 14.-19 February 2020
Registration next 2020 race will be open next August 15th 2019
(will finish next January 15th 2020)
Mandatory Pre-Race meeting on February 14th, 2020 at 15:00 h.
Race starts on Saturday, February 15th, 2020 at 09:00 h.
Race finishes on Wendnesday, February 19th, 2020 at 09:00 h.
Registration opens 15.08.2019 and closes on 15.01.2020
Until 30 November 2019: 500 €
Until 15 November 2019: 520 €
Until 31 December 2019: 540 €
Until 15 January 2020: 560 €
- Fee includes 10% VAT.
Participants must have finished at least one of the following winter racers:
- Rovaniemi 150
- Susitna 100
- White Mountain 100
- Homer Epic 100
- Sheep Mountain 150
- Arrowhead 135
- Yukon Arctic Ultra 100, 300, 450
- Tuscobia 150
- Frostkade 250
- Xpedition Amudsen
- 6633 Ultra
- Iditasport 100, 200, 225, 400, 1100
- Ice Ultra
- Iditarod Trail Invitational 150, 350, 1000
- Black Baikal
- Other winter experience. Always under the race director criteria, people with a proven experience in extreme cold conditions can participate. In that case better contact us before do the registration and tell us your winter experience.
REFUSAL OF ENTRY
The race director reserves the right to refuse entry to any racer.
- Racers must be a minimum of 18 years old.
- Race is limited to 50 participants.
- Racers can chose to participate by fatbike, ski or running.
About disabled athletes:
We believe that any disabled athlete who thinks that he/she can participate in this race he/she can do it. Depending the degree of disability, the organization is open to discuss the conditions and adapt, if necessary, the race rules.
For example: a guide for the blind participants or support at checkpoints for those who can not cook by themselves or prepare the bivouac.
In case a participant cancels the registration, the refund will be under the following terms:
- Before 15.12.2019, 75% of the total registration fee will be refund.
- Between 16.12.2019 and 14.01.2020, 50% of the total registration fee will be refund.
- Between 15.01.2020 and 04.02.2020, 25% of the total registration fee will be refund.
- After 04.02.2020, there will be no refund.
Entries are non-transferable to any other racer.
- In case that organization cancel the race before it begins, 100% of the registration fee will be refund to all participants.
- In case the organization cancel the race after it starts, there will be no refund.
The race may canceled after the start in case of severe conditions that make it extremely hazardous and/or impossible. Also any other unexpected nature circumstances may force the race director to cancel the race.
Fatbike and Ski: women and men compete in same category group.
Runners: women and men compete in own categories.
- Trophy for the first, second and third of each category.
- All finishers will have a souvenir medal.
Maximum time allowed to complete Rovaniemi300 is 120 hours (5 days) (by 09:00 h. February 19th, 2020). Any participant who is unable to complete the race in this time will be disqualified.
MANDATORY PRE-RACE MEETING
Pre-Race meeting is mandatory for all participants. Failure to attend means the participant will have a discount penalty of 30 h.
During the Pre-Race meeting the organization will supply the map and will do the chek-in mandatory gear*
*You must bring and show the mandatory gear.
RACE DAY CHECK-IN
Race Check-in is mandatory for all racers. Sign-in between 07:45 to 08:30 at the Control Room. If a participant is late and does not Check-in before 08:30, the participant must wait fifteen (15) minutes after the race has started to check-in and also will have a 7,5 h discount penalty.
1- Satellite Tracking Device (SPOT or similar).
2- Enough batteries for Satellite Tracking Device.
3- Mobile phone with enough battery.
4- Rear red flashing lamp with enough batteries.
5- Reflective patches.
7- Helmet for fatbikers. Helmet must be worn at all times when you are on your fatbike.
- Participants must carry all mandatory gear through out the entire race from beginning to end and finish it with it.
- Participants must bring all mandatory gear for check-in to the Meeting.
- Any racer who doesn't have the appropriate mandatory gear will not be allowed to participate.
- Any racer who doesn't finish with the mandatory gear will be disqualify.
- No electric fatbikes.
- No hidden engines in fatbikes.
REFLECTIVE GEAR and LIGHTS
Reflective gear is mandatory for all racers.
Reflective gear must be worn at all time any place you want, but should be possible to be seen from behind.
The rear red flashing light and front light must be ON in during dark periods. In case of bivouac or long stop.
Any racer who doesn't wear the reflective patches or does not have the red flashing light and the front light ON during dark periods and the rear red flashing light ON in case of bivouac or long stop, will result in a discount penalty of 15 h if she/he have extra batteries. But if she/he have no batteries the participant will be disqualified and take it to the closer point for evacuation.
- The race number is mandatory for all racers.
- The race number must be visible during the whole race. If is not like this participant will be disqualified.
- On bikes it must be attached at the front.
- On pulkas it must be attached on the left side.
- On backpacks it must be attached on the back (only on backpack if you don't have a pulka).
- If participant loses the race number will be disqualified.
- There is no possible to change the number.
PROTOCOL SATELLITE TRACKING DEVICE - WHAT YOU MUST DO
MANDATORY TEST SATELLITE TRACKING DEVICE
We will inform you about it during the previous days before the race.
- The Satellite Tracking Device must have the casting mode activated. Sending position signals every 10/15 minutes.
- Once the participant arrive to the mandatory waypoint he/she must do the check-in with the satellite device.
- Send message when you do a long stop for rest, eat or sleep.
- Send message when you start after rest, eat or sleep.
- If Satellite Tracking Device doesn't work because no more batteries or any other reason, participants must send message by phone.
- If Satellite Tracking Device is completely broken or for any reason doesn't work participant will be disqualified.
- All racers must do the checking in the mandatory waypoints.
- Any participant who forget to do a check-in in any of the mandatory waypoints will be disqualified.
- Margin of error: 50 meters.
WAYPOINTS/CHECKPOINTS (Rovaniemi150 section)
Checkpoints are small so any non-racers or people who are following the racers, are not permitted.
Checkpoints have a shelter but if you want to sleep or rest be prepared in case you don't find a place inside the shelter.
Rovaniemi300 participants doesn't have to adhere to the checkpoints cut-off time.
COOKING IN CHECKPOINTS (Rovaniemi150 section)
If you intend to cook at the checkpoints remember that, if you arrive before the checkpoint is close, you will only find water (not hot, not boiling). If you need to cook with your stove at checkpoints you have to do it outside the shelter. Anyway you can cook with the firewood done outside the shelter.
If you arrive once the checkpoint is closed you can use the firewood (in case there are some left).
COOKING IN PUBLIC SHELTERS
Normally there is always wood, but be ready just in case there is not. Public shelters in Finland use to be very good maintained.
BIVY ON TRACK
If you are planning to sleep between checkpoints (in Rovaniemi150 track section) or anywhere away of a public shelter you have to do it off the main trail, but in sight of the trail and with the red flashing light on, attach to some point (bike, ski pole, sled, etc) to alert your presence to snowmobiles.
NO OUTSIDE HELP
This is a human powered race, racers must be self sufficient. Any outside help as a support crew, outside assistance to advance up or down the trail such as snowmobiles or cars or motorbikes. No use of any kind of accommodation in cities, shopping, go restaurant or bar, change gear, etc, is not allowed and/or anything which could be understood as outside help. Racers will be disqualified if, at any time during the race, they have any outside help.
Racers can leave one (1) drop bag, only one no matter how big or weight. The drop bag must be very well identify. Participants have to bring the drop bag to the starting point and give it to the organisation. The drop bags will be outside, expose to the temperatures and weather conditions, in a point in the middle of the race (150 km). Drop bags point will be very well identify so participants can find it easy. Organisation is not responsible of drop bags and whatever is inside.
Participants CAN NOT get out of the river on the way to mandatory waypoints 009, 010, 011 and 012. Participants who go out of the river in this section will be disqualified.
RESCUE, EVACUATIONS, SCRATCHING and DISQUALIFIED
Rescue and evacuations are at participant's expenses.
A disqualified or scratched racer may require an evacuation or snowmobile back trip to the road system, but if a racer is able and willing to return to the start under his or her own power, or with the assistance of an external source, he or she may do so.
All racers must inform to any race official if they intend to scratch and return to the race start point.
In case a participant ask for evacuation, the organization will take her/him to the closer road (by snowmobile) or by snowmobile to Rovaniemi. If the participant is some road and if she/he want, the organization can call a taxi to pick she/him. In this case, the participant will have to pay in cash the expenses of transport. For this reason is very strongly recommended to carry the sum of 200 € cash minimum, in order to cover the unexpected.
Rescue will be only in case of accident. In case of rescue the organization will give to the participant the appropriate service depending the situation. For rescue we also have the help of Firefighters and Police. The expenses incurred in this service have to be pay by the rescued person and/or fix with their own insurance.
Rescue alarm will be activated:
- If the signal is in the same point and organization has not received any message from the participant by phone or Satellite Tracking Device.
- If there is no signal by Satellite Tracking Device or message by phone or Satellite Tracking Device.
- If you push the SOS button from your Satellite Tracking Device.
- If you send SOS message.
- If you call us asking for help.
A disqualified participant doesn't have to quit if he/she doesn't want but his/her name won't be in the "Finisher's list". Organization will inform the disqualified participant by phone message.
Respect Private Property. Participants are not allowed to pass, sleep or use any Private Property (Finnish laws).
LITTER and USED or WET GEAR and OTHER STUFF
Do not litter the trail. Leave no trace.
Do not defecate on race trail. Go as far as possible off the trail.
Any participant with a dog on the race will be disqualified.
Do not damage any structures, private property. Be respectful.