Rovaniemi150, 12.-15 February 2021
Registration next 2021 race will be open next October 1st 2020
(will finish next January 10th 2021)
We understand that anybody without winter experience who pretends to participate in this kind of races, must have the common sense to get good information about all the needs to face a competition like that.
Racers must be self-sufficient and have the ability to take care of themselves. This race is a potentially dangerous one, participants have to really seriously consider if they are physically and mentally prepare for this kind of race.
YOU MUST START AND FINISH WITH IT.
1- Sleeping bag*
2- Sleeping pad (foam mattres or similar).
3- Headlamp with enough batteries (we recommend Energizer Ultimate Lithium).
4- Rear red flashing lamp with enough batteries.
5- Two reflective patches (given by the organisation).
7- Helmet for fatbikers. Helmet must be worn at all times when you are on your fatbike.
* About the Sleeping bags (!) Only sleeping bags found in the attached list will be accepted. In case you have a sleeping bag similar to those in the list but is not on this list, you have to send an e.mail to the organization specifying brand and model.
- We do not accept any kind of sleeping bag systems.
- In the case that your sleeping bag doesn't meet the required conditions, registration won't be accepted.
We have a long list of accepted sleeping bags and we are open to add more models if it meet the required conditions.
We have some guidelines as: down quality, fiber quality, amount of the fill and total weight. Also we look the temperature rate but don't take it to serious. What is general terms it really make us to decide is the amount of down or fiber and the quality of it. Normally we accept all sleeping bags with a minimum of 1.000 gr of 90/10 and minimum 700 cuin with a total weight of 2.000 gr. Of course there are a range of possibilities around this, so we study one by one before decide to accept it or not. Also we accept some lighter sleeping bags if complemented with a bivy bag.
- Racers must carry all mandatory gear through out the entire race from beginning to end and finish it with it.
- Racers must bring all mandatory gear for check-in to the Pre-race meeting.
- Any racer who doesn't have the appropriate mandatory gear will not be allowed to participate.
- Any racer who doesn't finish with the mandatory gear will be disqualified.
IT'S UP TO YOU TO CARRY IT.
1- Snowshoes (if you go on foot).
2- Waterproof overshoes (in case of overflow). Recommended brands: NEOS
* Organisation will tell you, during the briefing, the weather report and how the track conditions are.
In extreme cold temperatures, only the white gasoline stoves are ok. Recommended brands and models: Primus, mod. Multifuel EX and MSR, mod. WhisperLite.
Fuel: In Rovaniemi you can find "4-tahti bensiini" in any petrol station. If you want we can buy it for you, just tell us.
4- Foot wear for temperatures 0ºC to -30ºC
5- Thermal underwear.
6- Thermal socks for temperatures 0ºC to -30ºC
7- Head gear.
8- Face mask.
9- Sun glasses.
10- Ski googles.
11- Polar fleece pants or similar.
12- Polar fleece jacket.
13- Down jacket.
14- Full wind suit -Jacket and Pants (Goretex or similar).
15- Extreme cold mittens.
16- around 5.000 to 7.000 calories food.
17- Cooking pot.
18- Insulated water containers.
19- Matches or Lighter.
22- Tools to repair your equipment.
Contact us if you have any questions related to this matter.